Friday, February 20, 2009

Our "New" Bedroom

Well, here's the finished product. We were happy with it, and glad when it was done. You can't see the color very well in these pictures, but it is a really pretty tan (I think that paint color was camel hair or something like that). We were happy to get rid of the bright white paint from before. We painted the paneled closet doors and are really glad we did that too. It's a tiny room and we rearranged a little, got rid of a little vanity table and are amazed at how much more room we seem to have (we can sit straight at the desk now, get all the way around the bed, and not have to climb over the bed to get into the closet. :)

I had to take a picture of my "office" with the desk so clean!!




Now if we can just keep it so clean and clutter-free!

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

How nice! You wanna come down & do the same de-cluttering & straightening job on my house? ;-) My situation would be improved if I could just get everything unpacked...someday?!

Mamasita Chimichanga said...

I think your room looks great! Isn't it nice when paint and de-cluttering can make you feel like you have a brand new room! Good luck at keeping it that way! I know the clutter is a constant struggle at our house! =)

Heidi said...

I love it! You did a great job! Change can be so fun. Enjoy!

Theo-Ann said...

hey, steph! Just thought I'd answer your questions here about the pots I made for our happy banquet. Yes, they are terra cotta pots (4 inches diameter,but you can use larger ones if you'd like). I used acrylic craft paint (the little 2 oz. bottles that you can find at any craft store). It took me four coats of paint and a sponge brush so that the pot color wouldn't show. I also painted the insides of the pots about two inches down from the rims. I used a spray varnish and gave each pot two coats of that. I found the ribbon at Michael's in their $1 bin!:) Putting pansies in your pots sounds like a great idea! I hope your banquet goes well. Let me know how everything turns out--or post pictures of your pots.:) Have a great week!