Friday, December 19, 2008

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

These are my favorite Christmas cookies. We only make them this time of year. They are so pretty and so yummy! If you need a new treat to try, here you go!
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup cocoa
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
powdered sugar
Stir together sugar, cocoa, and oil. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients, blending well. Cover and regrigerate at least 6 hours.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet. Shape dough into 1 inch ball; roll in powdered sugar. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched. Enjoy!
(By the way, Brandon thought I was a little weird taking a picture of cookies!)
What is your favorite kind of Christmas cookies?

1 comment:

Adele said...

I tried making these for the first time this year and they were duds! They tasted good, but they spread out really far so the powdered sugar was only at the edges. They were also so hard I had to chisel them off the pan! I will have to try your recipe to see if I get better success. Thanks for sharing!