Tuesday, March 11, 2008

First Pets



Keith & I got the boys this fish tank for Christmas. Shortly after we took them to pick out fish. They chose two neon tetras and two serpae tetras. I was pushing for something bigger and more colorful but that was their choice. We were doing really well and had no casualties, so a couple of weeks later decided to add some more. This time we chose two red wag platies and a little cleaner catfish. We knew the catfish would be no trouble and the lady at the store assured us the platies were not aggressive so would settle in fine even though they were larger. Well, the neon tetras who were to that point ruling the tank, went into a panic and basically quit eating. So we soon had to send them to their watery grave. I thought it might be a little traumatic for Brandon but he handled it very well.

A few weeks before Christmas Brandon said something like this "I don't know which kind of pet I want - I really like cats and I really like dogs." I said "Maybe you need to pray that God would give you what is best." I'm not sure if that was right to say or not, already knowing we were going with a fish tank for Christmas!

A couple of weeks ago Brandon told our pastor's wife something like "We have fish so we can get Mommy broke in for a real pet." He's right, though I'm warming to the idea of a cat or dog. Now if we can only convince Daddy!

No comments: