Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What We've Been Up To Today

At one time we thought we'd get this project done before Christmas and here we are into February! Keith had to replace a window in our bedroom and rebuild a wall from the previous window that had been badly leaking. So, while we were at it, we (I?) decided we needed a fresh coat of paint. I got a good deal on a new bedspread a few months back too, so we are looking forward to a "new" beautiful bedroom soon...
We spent today patching, priming, taping, painting, staining (in between school, meals, and piano lessons).
Keith staining the trim.

The boys priming the panels for the closet doors. They wanted to paint all day!

Our bedroom "before" shot. You'll have to wait for the "after".

This is a terrible picture of me, but I wanted you all to see that I was working too! :)


Below is what the rest of my house looked like today:


Most everything was moved to the school room/play room.


Our bedding and etc. is all piled on the couch . We'll be sleeping on the foldout tonight (& tomorrow night too!)


Our makeshift schoolroom for a couple of days. The boys kind of like the change of scenery.
I'll post a picture of the finished product once we get everything put back (minus all the clutter and junk we moved out - we didn't realize how much til we started moving it all) and prettied up.
Do you have a project you have been putting off that you hope to get to soon?

3 comments:

Mamasita Chimichanga said...

I enjoyed seeing your project pics! I can't wait to see the "after" ones!!! Don't keep us hangin' Girl!!! =)

I am obviously overwhelmed with projects right now. I can't wait to get things organized and back to "normal" so I can start thinking about the FUN stuff!

Good Luck...I hope it goes well!

Kacy =)

Mary Ann said...

Welcome to the dizzying vortex that is home improvement! I have so many projects still left on my list (not the least of which is to dust & sweep b/c it's such a dusty mess!). We actually started painting the kitchen this week - hallelujah! Can't wait to see your finished pics!

Adele said...

You're not going to tell us what color you chose? I'm sure it will look great! Can't wait to see pictures.