
So, today was our first day of Christmas break. The boys played for a while after breakfast then I told them to go ahead and take care of their morning jobs (minus getting dressed - they could have a jammie day, until I remembered about piano lessons this afternoon). Anyway, Tyler made his bed, brushed his teeth, etc., then I looked in and saw him sitting at his desk. "What are you doing, buddy?" "I'm ready for school," he told me. "We don't have school this week remember." He answers "Oh. (pause) Well, can I have a school paper just for fun?" Sure, buddy. Then, here comes Brandon, having just finished his jobs and his quiet time, carrying his devotional book. He wanted to share with Tyler what he had read this morning. It was such a good moment I had to get a picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment