We are in our second year of homeschooling. Brandon is in first grade and Tyler is in preschool.
Brandon was born to be a student. He has a LONG attention span. He is the same kind of learner of his mom. He loves to sit and "do papers", color, read, draw, etc.
Tyler was excited to start school because he wants to do everything Brandon does. He knew Grandma had a desk for him, so the middle of the summer he started asking "Where is my desk and when can I have it?" Ten minutes into our first day he said "I'm ready to be done with school now." He definitely will require more creative teaching methods than Brandon. He is busier and we are working on the sitting and listening, and coloring (which he has never liked). He does already know all of his letters and their sounds (mostly picked up from Brandon) and is reading short-vowel words. Just this week he has on his own started wanting to try to write letters (which is amazing for him, and not something I've pushed at all). He can count by fives and tens and by ones to 100 (also learned from his big brother). So, I guess we're doing o.k. figuring out his learning style! I do expect him to be more of a challenge along the way...





No comments:
Post a Comment