Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What a Husband Needs from His Wife

I recently bought a book to give as a bridal shower gift. As I browsed through it more I decided I needed to get it and read it for myself. The title is What a Husband Needs from His Wife by Melanie Chitwood. The reminders in one chapter alone called "Attitude Adjustment" were worth the cost of the book. For each attitude she gives some ideas for how to exhibit it. Here they are:

A husband needs a wife who is thankful, not ungrateful.
A husband needs a wife who is content, not complaining.
A husband needs a wife who is cheerful, not downhearted.
A husband needs a wife who is flexible, not controlling.
A husband needs a wife who is self-controlled, not emotional.
A husband needs a wife who is encouraging, not critical.
A husband needs a wife who is gentle, not harsh.

Ouch! Any one else ever need reminders like these?

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I like the one about being self-controlled & not emotional. Heehee...that's easier said than done on some days! ;-)

Mary Ann said...

I forgot to say that I think it's sometimes VERY funny to watch a guy try to handle an emotional woman - just check out an episode of The Amazing Race sometime. It's hilarious!

Adele said...

I think those can pierce the hear of any woman - at least if we're honest! I so wish I could be perfect! :)

The Thompsons said...

Big Ouch!! I needed that reminder. The one that said be self-controlled not emotional hits home with me. How does Brent put up with me?